Identity theft is an extremely serious crime--that is why authentication is serious business. A two-factor or multi-factor authentication means that when authenticating a user's claimed identity, they will be granted access only after successfully presenting two or more pieces of evidence to an authentication mechanism.
These pieces of evidence are knowledge (something you know), possession (something you have), and inherence (something you are).
The two-factor and multi-factor authentication solutions provided by STS have several benefits, namely:
- Streamlining the workflow associated with distributing and managing two-factor authentication to global, mobile workforces.
- Using a highly secure provisioning protocol, called the Cryptographic Token Key Initialization Protocol (CT-KIP), to support two-factor authentication.
- Integrating the solution with more than 400 applications and devices.
- Limiting the number of devices users have to manage in order to gain seamless, secure access to corporate assets.
- Supporting the most popular and widely deployed mobile platforms, including iOS, Android, Windows Phone and Blackberry.